Writing Classes 8 7 6 5
Write with style and word choice (strong verbs: amble, rattle, swerve, dive; specific adjectives/nouns: black bear, Ponderosa pine, sparkling water, tall bunch grass)
Organize for best information with connected sentences and elaboration (imagery of sights and sounds; 5W's: who, what, when, where, why).
Plan design for presentation.
Topic: Owhi Lake
Goal 1: Write organized and elaborated paragraphs with style and word choice. Edit the paragraphs.
Goal 2: Create a broster/T-shirt design using elements of design and layout and reflecting the paragraphs about Owhi Lake.
Create lists of specific nouns and vivid verbs about Owhi Lake (Word Choice/Ideas). √
Discuss model draft of Owhi Lake paragraphs (Organized, Word choice, Elaborated). √
Use the lists to draft at least two paragraphs about Owhi Lake: √
* Decide organization style √
* Determine appropriate elaboration √
* Write with nifty nouns and vivid verbs √
* Determine visual choices from paragraphs √
* View models of design and layout √
* Review last year’s designs considering the elements of design for those designs and for the new designs this year √
* Draft design (scraps of paper) √
* Create design (see rules specific to this year’s project) √
* Edit Paragraph practice √
* Revise paragraph for more detail:
* Evaluate your paragraphs using your rubric sheet (this page --login or on your wiki page)
* Add your image (Click from the slideshow) to your document or wiki
* Notify your teacher: Add a link to your doc or wiki in Edmodo Assignment.
** Remember to share with shee42