Please help each other with write well using our
suggested writing tips. We've worked together in class sharing
suggestions and ideas; Google Docs offers another way to learn
together. Always remember that the author makes the last decision as to
what suggestions will be accepted to keep with his/her vision, theme,
tone, audience, and purpose. To help each of who are authors filter
through all the suggestions our collaborators offer, let's use the
comment tool in the Insert Menu for all our suggestions.
As collaborators, let's follow this procedure:
edit another person's work, remember to be "overly friendly" and
positive while making suggestions as we discussed in our session on
1. Edit with comments only.
2. Go to menu bar ----> insert ----->comment
3. Choose a color, if desired, but do NOT check: insert into text. That will be the author's choice.
4. Compose your edit in the comment area.
If you copy/paste a portion of the author's work to edit, be sure to
place it in your comment area so it is bounded by your comment box. It
will enter separately like the text, but will be bordered by your
6. Remember to share what you like also.
1. Read over your comments, changing the color as a code to what you think you want to keep (green keep; yellow delete).
2. Read over your work with the suggested changes coded with your "keep" (green) color.
3. Keep the sections you want by selecting the comments and choosing "insert comment into text. Delete the "name" section.
3. Delete comments and embedded texts as needed.
4. Finalize your document.
Let's go collaborators, and see what we can envision together.
"Writing is hard fun." ~ Donald Murray