A great blog post ?
How to write one:
- Successful bloggers leave footprints...
- A blog conversation is your footprint...sharing ideas, considering viewpoints...in a civil conversation in the cloud.
Bloggers press ideas for others to push around and play with, hoping that in the sharing, pushing, and playing, some common ground emerges in a diverse dialogue, linked together through a community of conversation and connections that consider new ideas and understandings.
It is this connection, this push and pull of ideas, that creates a powerful community of learners and citizens.
To participate, remember that you represent our school and our work, Therefore:
- Post and comment thoughtfully: include concise content stated well; use with citations the text, facts, quotes, links, and images that support your ideas and opinions.
- Post and comment clearly: use excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation.
- Post and comment safely: include no personal or private information; never meet anyone in person. (See our netiquette rules).
- Post and comment responsively:
- listen to the ideas of others in articles, blogs, and comments;
- play politely with their ideas to understand them;
- publish your interpretation with citations of your evidence to the original ideas;
- encourage dialogue and debate with questions; consider the questions of others;
- accept alternative viewpoints.
- Post and comment respectfully: be overly positive; agree on specific ideas; disagree politely with ideas; be a global citizen participating in civil conversations that respects the dignity of others and their ideas.
- Post and comment consistently: read to understand the blogger and the commenters; post to respectfully continue the conversation.